MinEx is a national Health & Safety Council for the New Zealand minerals industry. Its main purpose is to assist the minerals industry to improve its health and safety performance, and provide centralised industry representation in matters relating to health and safety.
Other services provided by the Council include:
- collation and analysis of industry incident and accident statistics
- formation of an industry employer database
- setting standards for industry approval via industry guides.
MinEx Vision, Mission, and Principles
Our Vision: A New Zealand extractives industry free of fatalities, injuries and diseases.
Our Mission: To be an effective voice for the New Zealand extractives sector on health and safety issues, and to drive improvements in industry H & S performance.
- All fatalities, injuries and diseases are preventable
- Constant improvement principles must be applied - Health and safety performance can always be improved. No task is so important that it cannot be done safely
- All hazards can be identified and their risks managed
- Everyone has a personal responsibility for the H & S of themselves and others
People Come First
Click here to see or down load a copy of People Come First, a MBIE publication building a strong health and safety culture in New Zealand mines, quarries and tunnels. Hard copies are available from WorkSafe.