MinEx does not directly provide training, it supports industry efforts to lift health and safety performance through on-going training 

Certificates of Competence / CPD

The WorkSafe Board of Examiners issued two Gazette notices that define the requirements for education (unit standards), experience, and professional development for Certificate of Competence Holders. 

The Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and logbook are available on the WorkSafe website.

The new Safe Work Instrument came into force on 18 July 2023 and replaces certificate of competence requirements for the extractives industry which were previously set by a notice in the New Zealand Gazette. 

You can read the CPD guidelines here.

Click here to see a list of training providers. Several qualifications are offered by MITO.

To see an example of extractives CPD logbook entry Click here.

CoC FAQs Table2